About this place
My name is Vanya. I'm a writer. My work probes contemporary and near-future issues through a lens of whimsy and dark humour, influenced by diverse genres such as magical realism, sci-fi, fantasy, satire, etm.
Nova Nevedoma is my little corner of the internet. It’s where I publish all my fiction and essays and connect with my readers. I’m also a regular contributor to Soaring Twenties publication.
Follow my journey by signing up for my mailing list (it’s free). I’ll send you occasional emails with my new work and other updates.
Currently, I’m working on my first novel which I’m sure you don’t want to miss.
Where to start?
I have a novella, it’s kind of genre-less, but has fantasy, sci-fi, comedy, crime elements:
And a couple of my favourite short stories I wrote
- Monsters — in the darkest hour, an imaginary hero brings hope and courage.
- The Blue Pill Of Atlantis — a nostalgic merman's tale of a fading Atlantis, where the past and present collide in a sea of forgotten wisdom.
- Bewildering Wilderness — in the heart of a storm, one man's quest for spirits becomes a battle with his own.
- The Unremitting Moneday — virtual gems, real dilemmas: a journey through the moral maze of digital entertainment.
- For Whom The Universe Caws — a story of a vagabond who made friends with a raven.
and three essays:
- Man Against Marketing is about a new kind of old narrative conflict in which we are all engaged.
- It’s All Just An Old Videogame – musings about the nature of memories and nostalgia.
- Where is that City N? – On Chekhoverse, antiplaces, and my hometown.
and two translations (from Russian):
- Eisenstein about Joyce is a translation of a fragment from Sergei Eisenstein’s memoirs written about his encounters with James Joyce.
- Rules For Aspiring Authors by Chekhov is another translation of a quite obscure piece with plenty of footnotes included.